Saturday, May 1, 2010

Happy 21st Maca!!!!!!!

This week was so busy, which in my world means, SO GOOD! Everything from start to finish was awesome.

 

Last Monday, my good friend Cat (#1 female boxer in QLD ;) ) took me to her work… this was super exciting because she works for the government with the police!! She answers 000 (911) calls and controls the radio to direct the police cars. How cool is that??? Com co.? This was way cool for me – thank you so much for an awesome visit Kitty!

FOUR screens at once!

SO legit ;)

 

I took full advantage of the beach during the week. The weather is getting cooler so not too much longer will I be able to lie on the sand and bask in the sun. I will certainly miss it… I also spent Tuesday packing my 20kg (44lb) sea mail package. It’ll take three months to get home – perfect timing.

 



Have fun Sailing!!!

Wednesday morning, Mags and I headed to the Eumundi Markets. She had never been but you may remember Maca and I going in August – they are one of the best markets I have ever been to. We shopped around a bit but purchased little. They had lots of free samples – my FAV!

It was all about Macaela from Thursday to Saturday when the birthday celebrations began. Because her birthday was coming up, she got four free tickets to the Comedy Club in Brisbane!  It was Maca, Simon, Mags and I and we had a great time! Maca’s bday was Friday the 30th of April so we popped some bubbly at midnight :D

 

Yes, I brought my own toast.
Not weird.
The group :)
He swallowed the balloon whole...
and then my a very inappropriate joke about 
his sister to all the guys in the club...
Two and two anyone?
YAY MAC!
Working their "magic poses" haha
Bubbly!

When we got back to the coast on Friday, set up began. “When I get an idea of what I want, I don’t stop until I get there,” Macaela French. And that is a fact – she had the perfect picture of how she wanted her birthday to look like and go down, and we didn’t stop until it got there. We took over Simon’s house and tennis courts and had the whole family together setting up tables, chairs, lanterns, fairy lights, etc. And it was stunning. The party was Saturday night and everything turned out perfectly! There were around 60 people there and we mingled, ate, and drank the night away. There was not a single drama, everything from the place cards to guests fell right into place.

The official maid of honor/PA :)

Yes, I took Mac to Subway for her bday
lunch... it was by request!
Rockin' 21
And setting up begins!!!

Not as easy as it appears
Lanterns!
Getting ready :)
My hair stayed like this for 
about 5 minutes...
Complete :)
My two favorite Aussie boys on the planet
Roomies!
The bday girl and me :D
I LOVE YOU MAC!
The hardest project of my life!

Everything was stunning
Mac and Sim cutting the cake :)
Parties ova!
Opening pressies:
21 scratchies!!!
Too much helium

Macaela (Maca) has meant so much to me in my time in Australia - she has been with me through thick and thin, excitement and illness. She is incredibly understanding and patient. She loves doing things for others and teaching us how to do things :) She has taught me SO much in my time here - she is truly irreplaceable. I am so thankful for such an incredible life-long friendship. I love you Mac!

 

We had a BLAST celebrating her birth! It came flawlessly together, for which we were all thankful! 

Just because I can't get enough :)

Not much more to announce here – still missing you all terribly… hope to talk soon! Love you love you love you

2 comments:

  1. Best blog ever... it's pretty much all about me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are "scratchies"? And isn't Ben actually a Kiwi?

    Love you heaps, and see you soon! ;-)

    ReplyDelete